By Kathy Davis
1. Believe in yourself: always stay true to what makes you unique and trust your gut. See your differences as strengths rather than handicaps. And, instead of comparing yourself to others...be inspired by them!
2. Work hard: pure and simple. Ideas aren't worth anything unless you put them to work. You have to be responsible, dependable, disciplined and never stop learning or growing.
3. Take risks: it's O.K. to be afraid but you just have to plunge in anyway. This isn't easy, especially when it feels like the ride is against you, but it's just necessary to take risks in order to stay fresh and relevant. You will make mistakes but your efforts will also make a difference. Just take a deep breath and step out of that comfort zone!
4. Keep an open mind: Be willing to adapt and change when you need to. Adjust your sails to catch that wind. Be strong...yet flexible and resilient...like bamboo...and bend rather than break.
5. Accept your limitation: Be willing to ask for help, and be able to say "no". There's no way you can be everything to everybody all the time! Surround yourself with good people and enlist their help when you need it most.
6. Treat others with respect and kindness: That golden rule never, ever go out of style.
7. Never stop dreaming: Your visions can guide you to great things....but you need to be patient and don't give up in yourself or on an idea that may seem slow in coming. It might just need a little more time to germinate and become strong.
Have a successful Friday! Smile :-) it looks good on you...